Spring is here and it's time for some changes on my website.
Over the last few months, I have been trying to upload new content to my site more regularly. The plan was to write and upload a post once a week. But in the last four months I have only uploaded four.
So, the experiment was only partially successful. I definitely wrote more than last year, but not as much as I had planned for myself.
What are the reasons? Am I just too inconsistent or lazy?
When I look at my writing process lately, the following points stand out:
- Writing blog posts takes time, which I preferred to put into preparing and writing stories in the last few months.
- I have been using a static content generator to create the website (gohugo.io), which gave me absolute freedom in designing the site, but at the same time it distracted me from creating the actual content. I was more busy improving the publishing pipeline than writing the content of the posts.
- Furthermore, I wrote each post in both English and German.
What will I do differently now?
- Write shorter posts that take less time to write.
- Publish longer, more in-depth posts at a greater interval.
- Use a CMS that keeps my focus on writing and not on managing the technology.
- Focus on just one language. From now on, I will write my posts in English only. Longer stories and e-books will still be available in German as well as in English.
I have a few ideas for serialised content here on the site. Let's set off on an exciting journey together!